Garage storage ideas please

gypo

We have been lucky enough to get the van we wanted as far as layout.
it has a huge garage so being a bloke I’m already planning on the things I need to take with us, tools, metal detector, beer etc etc.
I don’t want it all in a jumble (like my garage at home) so I’ve been looking for ideas for storage please.

Two solutions. 😂
20230619_144755.jpg
20220923_091651.jpg
20220923_092635.jpg

I'm looking at these stack boxes

But this is better !

Tesco home delivery boxs stack and you can see whats in them cut part of the side out an you can use like set of shelves others are available our delivery driver let me have 5 for £5 then 2 weeks later a different driver did the same good shelves for garage asda sainsburys morrisons all ok

I made my lightweight one with a 20 mm sq timber frame and a mix of 5 mm and 3 mm ply, tailored to fit the space. The top (open) section could be used for any larger items (like a gazebo etc.) with bungees to keep it from moving.

@gypo
Before you get carried away go and weigh the van when fully loaded for a trip, fuel water passengers pets toys food luggage etc.

Find a weighbridge that can do both axles individually check you have not exceeded the overall weight but equally importantly check you aren’t exceeding the plated weight of the rear axle.

Most overweight motor caravans exceed the rear axle weight.

The fines or prosecution are the same.

You may find you’ve only got payload for a bag of crisps!

lol, thanks I will do, I’ve got a weigh bridge local to me that I took the previous van to.
Thanks for the heads up

We have been lucky enough to get the van we wanted as far as layout.
it has a huge garage so being a bloke I’m already planning on the things I need to take with us, tools, metal detector, beer etc etc.
I don’t want it all in a jumble (like my garage at home) so I’ve been looking for ideas for storage please.
Stuff expands to fill the space available adding more and more weight in inverse relationship to mpg

Can I be nosy and ask what van you've got please, only we're just starting to look for one that has a large garage?

Of course :)
It’s a Roller team T line 700, it has a traverse bed which after measuring it is a tad bigger than a king size, just as well being 6’2

Back