Trip to France

I use google maps on my phone when in the car, when offline it doesn't work correctly, by that I mean even with downloaded maps it will often refuse to display speed limits, I've also never managed to get the overspeed sound alert working, in the van I use a TomTom, this displays the speed limit and pings at me if it thinks I'm speeding, the same with my old Windowphone maps.
I use a Garmin Camper 780 and have the speed alert for 1 mph over the authorised speed limit. Unfortunately, on many of the smaller roads in rural Spain, where the national speed limit of 90kph applies, Garmin was convinced that the speed limit was 60kph, so the alarm was a cross between the old Fire Engine EmergencyBell and the local Campanologist Society Practice Night ... :ROFLMAO:

Steve

This was great fun the other day.

Screenshot_20240513-095036_Maps.jpg

Attachments

• 20240513_094746.jpg
    20240513_094746.jpg
    614.8 KB · Views: 2
I forgot Liz bought me a Victorinox Huntsman Red when we were in Svitzerlund for me birthday on the 2nd of June.

Allen Millyard rat your heart out 😀😃😄😁😆😅🤣😂

If you end up close to (or in) Andorra, watch out for mobile phone roaming fees if you get connected to an Andorran network.
Simon was telling me the same earlier, so flight mode on and use CoPilot to navigate in and out. Not sure why we're going tbh, just another country I suppose off the bucket list 😁😁

Back