Anyone got a microwave / air fryer combi oven in their van?

merl

Looking to remove our current gas oven grill and replace it with a built in air fryer or better still an air fryer/microwave combi.
Because our van is a PVC the available depth seems quite tight at around 400 depth of cabinets.
Would like to stay below 1500W so we can run it with or without EHU.
Searched all morning and cant find a air fryer/micro combi to fit the bill, best I can find is this Air fryer only https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0BXLZQZHG/ref=ewc_pr_img_1?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1
Anyone done this with any recommendations please?

We have a induction hotbp,ate from go outdoors which is brilliant ( streetwise I think ) air fryer with wariable power £36 Asda brilliant,microwave built in ,all these are run from my 1500vtoman power station the bonus is we can run a heater ,hairdryer and tongs,or hook the van up to it through the ehu point,I dont run the fridge of it ,thinking on doubling the power with the slave battery which will increase power to just over 3;000w,beauty is if we change van this items come with us
We can also use. Outwith the wan ,portable 400 w solar panels (which are a bit heavy but well made) hope this is of interest
If anyone is interested in purchase of Vtoman stuff shout me as I can give you a code for £100 off

Air fryer only, cheap as chips and there good chips as it has a rotisserie cage.
20240429_114825.jpg
20240429_114813.jpg
20240429_114801.jpg
20240429_114755.jpg

Looking to remove our current gas oven grill and replace it with a built in air fryer or better still an air fryer/microwave combi.
Because our van is a PVC the available depth seems quite tight at around 400 depth of cabinets.
Would like to stay below 1500W so we can run it with or without EHU.
Searched all morning and cant find a air fryer/micro combi to fit the bill, best I can find is this Air fryer only https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0BXLZQZHG/ref=ewc_pr_img_1?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1
Anyone done this with any recommendations please?
I was looking for something similar a while back as interested in doing the exact same thing (y)
think I found something (on Amazon) that was recommended from some place or other, but I just cannot remember the details :( One detail I DO recall however was the price.... And that stopped my interest :D well north of £200.

So I have kept the fairly ornamental gas oven and use the Microwave (800W model and will run (just) off my 1350W inverter) and have a small Air Fryer rated at 1000W that lives in a cupboard and just pull it out when want to use it. Use this one - https://amzn.to/49UHqAh - which I have actually bought twice in fact!

Air fryer only, cheap as chips and there good chips as it has a rotisserie cage.View attachment 130652View attachment 130653View attachment 130654View attachment 130655
Yeh, we currently use something similar at the moment but the current gas oven grill is pretty crap so it would be good to replace it with a built-in air fryer to save carrying a countertop model around, IF we could get an air fryer/ microwave combi that would be even better. Agree the McCain crinkle chips are especially good.

Yeh, we currently use something similar at the moment but the current gas oven grill is pretty crap so it would be good to replace it with a built-in air fryer to save carrying a countertop model around, IF we could get an air fryer/ microwave combi that would be even better. Agree the McCain crinkle chips are especially good.
For fast cooking in an Air Fryer (which when off-grid can be a big advantage), McCain do fast-cook French Fries that cook in around 5 minutes and are very tasty.

(these are different - and a bit more expensive - then their regular French Fries in a near-identical package).

For fast cooking in an Air Fryer (which when off-grid can be a big advantage), McCain do fast-cook French Fries that cook in around 5 minutes and are very tasty.

(these are different - and a bit more expensive - then their regular French Fries in a near-identical package).
I think you mentioned these before David? I remember looking for them in Morrisons but didn't have any at the time but according to online they do em? Incidentally Iceland have them 1/2 price at the moment 😁

i removed my useless oven grill & replaced it with a 1400w microwave i also got an air fryer oven about the size of the old sq biscuit tin it has two elements on top & two on the bottom the air fryer uses the top two elements & fan & is really good, for perfect jacket spuds 5 mins in the microwave 10 in the roast with all four elements

I see that they also do a deep ridge, crinkle cut version (8 minutes). I will try some as we are also thinking of carrying an air-fryer in the van.

Both completely wrong. 555 the all-time classic. Even doubles as a comparator.

Back