Are you going to Meet in rye this weekend , 70mm crimping tool needed

1 Cup

Hi if you got this far your going to Rye meet with motorhomer . My invertor needs rewire to 70 mm and I would like to use this meet to fit them to new battery
If you have a hydraulic crimping tool for 70mm terminals lugs for me to use, Can you bring to meet this weekend please.

Futurepuoff ! Need it for 3k now, but will be 5k invertor your right I mite have to .

Hi if you got this far your going to Rye meet with motorhomer . My invertor needs rewire to 70 mm and I would like to use this meet to fit them to new battery
If you have a hydraulic crimping tool for 70mm terminals lugs for me to use, Can you bring to meet this weekend please.
Something that might be worth keeping in mind.... I have found (and I think it is quite common for some reason) that with the typical hydraulic crimper, you need to use a die one size smaller than the terminal size otherwise your fitting is not fully secure.
So with a 70mm2 connector, you must need to use the 50mm2 die? (Do the tug test and find out :) )

if anyone is intrested ive 4.5m of 70mm cable and about 10 crimp on end for sale 40 quid the lot .
Yes please I'll like that lot but But your Not here Jeff ! What or when is the next opportunity.

Got batteries plus bms 35mm wire will have to be temporary

And still have no 70mm / 50mm crimp.lol

Some electrical wholesalers hire out crimping tools if you get stuck, I know Rexel in Bridgwater used to a few years back.

I couldn't find the details for the rye meet. However make sure you batten down the hatches on Saturday.

Yes please I'll like that lot but But your Not here Jeff ! What or when is the next opportunity.

Got batteries plus bms 35mm wire will have to be temporary

And still have no 70mm / 50mm crimp.lol
I will be at Hereford and I have a crimper as well Jeff if you want me to bring it ?

Tried today with 35mm wire and run out of terminal lug at 3 hours in .sh#t have 9 35 6 great so m6 done but only 1 35 8 so I need 3 35 8 more to invertor side But I'll have to get time for hereford 2 get crimping tool as no one here at Rye Derek/ trotter was a help but this was temp anyway.
So please bring crimping tool wire and terminals .they say 50mm is better than 70 mm jaws ??? But if you have both that will be good Jeff.

Tried today with 35mm wire and run out of terminal lug at 3 hours in .sh#t have 9 35 6 great so m6 done but only 1 35 8 so I need 3 35 8 more to invertor side But I'll have to get time for hereford 2 get crimping tool as no one here at Rye Derek/ trotter was a help but this was temp anyway.
So please bring crimping tool wire and terminals .they say 50mm is better than 70 mm jaws ??? But if you have both that will be good Jeff.
I've all the jaw sizes in the box Jeff.I know when I crimped the 35mm cable ends I did use the 25mm jaws but when I did the 70mm they seam to be ok .?

Ps I've 2m of 35mm cable for a 10 quid if any good

Last edited:
The 35 mm wire was till the 70mm as that was what I'd used without invertor. But Thanks see you Hereford.

Weather's turned here misty rain horizontally

Any yaght club will have a hand crimper for lanyard cables which will do the same job, i have one in my workshop, faling that a hammer and a bit of bar does the same job.

Not a overly expensive piece of kit

Yes Jeff looking forward to buying all that stuff and fitting it so still need to use your crimp mate.. Just doing the first run on 35mm at balloon festival so
see you up at Hereford.
Thanks

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back